Be A Photographer
- You need to be a professional photographer, earning at least a portion of your income through your business.
- You need a dedicated website that shows your experience in family and portrait photography.
- You need access to professional equipment and editing software.
- You cannot be a convicted felon.
- Respond as quickly as possible when contacted by a Magic Hour representative. We may be trying to place an urgent request, so timely communication is key.
- Once you are matched with a recipient, please contact them within 1-2 business days by phone and email to make arrangements for your shoot.
- Be courteous, kind, and patient during your shoot.
- Please do everything in your power to make it to your shoot. If you need to cancel, let us know as soon as possible so we can find another photographer.
- Upload photos of your session within 4-6 weeks for non-critical cases. Critical cases may require the images sooner.
- The recipient should receive of 20-40 images for single subject or couples shoots and 40-60 images for family shoots.
- Agree to release your rights to these images to MHF. We will not sell or profit from your images, this policy is solely to ensure to our applicants that their privacies will be respected as requested.
It is not uncommon for recipients to cancel their session due to health concerns. In this event you can choose to “adopt” this family and find a new date that works for them. Or, you may simply let them know that this was the only date that fit your schedule and we will match them with a new photographer. In this event, please let us know as soon as possible.
Use your own personal style, but photos should be natural and focused on people and relationships rather then props or clever posing. Images should be processed in a more natural way with minimal color effects or vignetting.
Yes. We ask that you do your best when a request comes up, but we do not expect you to drop your paying clients for one of our sessions. If you cannot accept, please let us know as soon as possible so we can reach out to more photographers.
Due to patient privacy, we ask every recipient for specific permission regarding usage of their session our website and yours. You will be notified if they have given you permission to blog your session.
Images will be uploaded using a special version of Roes. The download link will be provided after your session.
That’s great! Thanks for helping spread the word! If you’d like to order more brochures, fill out the form here to get another 50!